So, already conquered 3 and a half days into my Clean Eating (strictly) for 10 days. Admittedly, it’s been pretty easy so far – this upcoming weekend will be a challenge, between Dave’s concert Friday, Party in the Park Saturday, and then a potentially rainy day in Atlanta Sunday. All I can think about is beer, vodka and some greasy food – somewhat a weekend norm.
BUT, here is what my past 3 1/2 days have looked like (yay!)
Monday (Fast Day)
- Breakfast: 1 egg, 3 egg whites, Oatmeal with cinnamon and apple
- Dinner: 2 eggs, lemon water and 2 cups Japanese blend veggies
- Breakfast: 2 eggs, chicken sausage and veggies
- Lunch: Veggies plus a chicken/bean soup. Recipe from Can You Stay For Dinner
- Snack: Almonds
- Dinner: Same thing as lunch, but with 1/2 an avocado
Wednesday: (Fast Day)
- Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 Cups California blend veggies, 1/2 Cup All-Natural apple sauce
- Dinner: Same thing as breakfast
Thursday (so far!)
- Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 egg whites with salsa, veggies, chicken sausage
- Snack: Palm-full of almonds
- Lunch: Burnt Fork BBQ Yucatan-Style Barbacoa. This was tricky, as it was a client lunch that they picked out. I asked them to make it without the rice, sour cream or tortillas. Really good! It is a steamed BBQ rather than smoked.
Other than that, I’ve just been working out and repeating. Right when I start eating clean or dirty, I immediately see a difference in my abs, and I love seeing that! I also am drinking LOTS of water, La Croix, black coffee and NO diet soft drinks (my addiction).
On another note, I broke my 4Gs iPhone while heading out the door to workout yesterday! This is not the first time… has anyone ever repaired their own phone or have some tips. Poor thing is totally abused by me…
- Monday: P90X Upper Body (Chest/Back) workout with Dave. SO MANY PUSHUPS!!
- Tuesday: 30 minutes on the stair stepper, followed by abs. I love the swivel machine as well as planks
- Wednesday: 20 minutes elliptical, Lower body weights. This was tough – Squats, deadlifts, lunges, calf raises and hamstring curls with heavy weights. I’ll really be feeling all of this during my spin class tonight…
Is anyone else out there doing a personal clean eating challenge? What are some of your favorite go to recipes? I get into a routine, if you can tell, but love to try new ideas!